OMNIPATHY is a periodical comic by illustrator, animator & (apparently) comic book artist Joe Sparrow. Check here for previews and updates.
Issues 1 and 2 are currently available to buy from Orbital Comics and Gosh! Comics in London and Travelling Man in Leeds. Alternatively, you can purchase them online through PayPal, using the links below.

SKETCH / WIP BLOG : blog.joe-sparrow.com

TWITTER : twitter.com/torpordust



Tuesday 29 January 2013

Again, long time no talk! Issue #3 is slowly crawling along. I'm working on the second story now, but here's a panel I like from the first.

I was actually marginally irritated when I saw how good a job they did with the opening sequence of the new Hobbit movie where the dragon comes and wrecks shit because I thought people might draw comparisons with this dragon-based story I did. I actually took a lot of inspiration from David Wenzel's graphic novel  adaptation, which is really nicely done.

I think the best dragon stories are the ones that show brains (or at least dexterity) winning over brawn, and as with a lot of fantasy J. R. R. provides a pretty good archetype for this. As for my story - think The Hobbit meets... Inglorious Basterds or something. INTERESTING HUH?

No comments:

Post a Comment